Replacing the mechanical seal of the FLOWSERVE WDXR pump
Centrifugal pump FLOWSERVE WDX series - horizontal, multistage, with vane diffuser. WDX pumps are modular in design with identical stages. A variety of optimal characteristics and materials allow it to be used for a variety of purposes, such as boiler feed or reverse osmosis.
Modifications of these pumps imply the use of both stuffing box packing and mechanical seals.
General recommendations for the use of a mechanical seal in FLOWSERVE WDX pumps:
- Mechanical seals do not require adjustment.
- Slight initial leakage will stop when the packing has been burned in.
- During the assembly operation, special attention should be paid to cleanliness.
- Before pumping dirty liquids, it is recommended to run-in the mechanical seal with a clean liquid to protect the friction pairs.
- Routine maintenance consists of checking the tightness. it necessary to detect any small leak.
Never run a mechanical seal dry, even for a short time!